Monday, August 23, 2010

$267.60



From top to bottom:

An Introduction to Old Norse by E. V. Gordon - For learning Old Norse, of course, from the illustrious Anatoly Liberman. This was the single most expensive book here. New, it costs about a hundred dollars. I got the used copy for around $65.

Prisma's Abridged English-Swedish and Swedish-English Dictionary - I'm starting Swedish this fall. Huzzah! Or whatever they say in Swedish, which I will soon be able to tell you.

The Oxford History of Medieval Europe by George Holmes - One of the main texts for the class I'm helping teach.

Agricola and Germania by Tacitus - I have this already, but mine is in a side by side Latin / German - this is an English translation that I will need for the class I'm helping teach.

The Nibelungenlied - I have this too, but in a side by side Middle High German / Modern German text. I'll need this English one for the class I'm helping teach.

The Life of Charlemagne by Einhard - Another one for the class I'm helping teach. I know I had a copy of this, but I have no idea where it is, and I think it was a different translation anyway.

An Introduction to Middle Dutch by Colette M. van Kerckvoorde - For learning Middle Dutch, once again from the infamous Professor Liberman.

På svenska! by Ulla Göransson and Mai Parada - This is the main text for the Swedish class. The blue one seems to be the actual textbook; the grey one is a grammar guide, and the green is a workbook.

Europe Between the Oceans: 9000 BC-AD 1000 by Barry Cunliffe - For an anthropology course I'm taking on the beginnings of civilization in western Europe.

No comments: