Tuesday, November 30, 2010

14 weeks (err, yesterday).

Not much to report, other than that Buckethead is developing fur (aka lanugo) all over the place. So now we match, Buckethead and I, in terms of fuzz.

How far along? 14 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: Another pound, so six total.
Maternity clothes? I really should buy some (I'm down to two skirts that fit), but I hate the thought of buying new clothes just to move it all across country in three weeks.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: Kind of tricky at the moment. I can't sleep on my stomach anymore - it feels really weirdly compressed if I try. At least I can still sleep on my back for a while longer.
Best moment this week: Seeing Buckethead's creepy visage on ultrasound.
Movement: Wild and vigorous, but I can't feel it.
Food cravings: Chili with crackers.
Gender: Girl, maybe (just so I can put big flowery headbands on)? Little hooligan wouldn't show the goods.
Labor Signs: No, dammit!
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach. *sob*
What I am looking forward to: School being done in a couple weeks.
Weekly Wisdom: None. I feel mildly retarded this week.
Milestones: Finishing my first pack of prenatals (two months' worth!).

In other news, we got the results back from the NT scan. Buckethead's chance of developing Trisomy 13 or 18 is 1 in 10,000, which is great. The chance for Down syndrome is 1 in 500, which is not bad, but it should be 1 in 900 for my age, so we're probably going to get some second trimester bloodwork done to make sure everything is as it should be. I'll talk to the midwife about it at my Friday appointment.

3 comments:

Oma said...

Rhi's Down's levels were off and look at her! A bean bag is good for laying on your stomach-make a little indent(or big, depending) and lay on your belly-aaahhhhhh! I did this with my kids and it works great.

TeamOSM said...

Aww, I also felt mildly retarded this week. For the past several weeks, actually. Hooray!

Kevin said...

I'm sure that mildly retarded for you is what the rest of us feel is a good week, so I'm equally sure you'll be fine.