Monday, January 3, 2011

19 weeks today! Holy crap.

How far along? 19 weeks. See headline.
Total weight gain/loss: No clue. We're going to get a scale today, because I can't stand not knowing how much I weigh.
Maternity clothes? Yes. Sob. I'm currently forced into wearing maternity jeans 2/3 of the time, because I have very few dresses. My non-maternity tops are all too short and look weird, so I have about three shirts I can wear. Sigh.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: Pretty good. My dreams are insane, though - movie-quality intensity.
Best moment this week: Seeing JAMES! Finding out it's a JAMES!
Movement: I think I maybe felt something a couple of times. Hard to say, though. I've never had a pregnant before, so I don't know what it should feel like. Opinions apparently vary on what it feels like - I've heard gas, butterflies, popcorn, stabbing... I've felt a weird fluttering two or three times in the past week or so, so... maybe?
Food cravings: Lemon. Zucchini. Zucchini with lemon sauce.
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: Not getting a cramp whenever I stand up too fast.
What I am looking forward to: Feeling movement that I'm sure is movement.
Weekly Wisdom: Try to start calling the kid by his name now so he won't be known as Buckethead all the way through high school. (harder than it sounds)
Milestones: Gender scan! Huzzah!

Other notes more or less of interest:
-- I've read 300 pages of What to Expect when You're Expecting in the past 24 hours. Awesome book - thanks Rose! It's rather reassuring to see all your weird symptoms written down as normal.
-- Noah and I also got lucky and found copies of What to Expect in the First Year and the other one for the toddler years at Goodwill for 50 cents each, along with some adorable onesies for next to nothing - weeeee thrift stores!
-- Noah is digging me a nice garden. He's excited for when James is big enough to help dig stuff in six or eight years. Hard labor builds character, y'know.

1 comment:

Oma said...

That's it-you've felt James doing somersaults. It's really strange when you can see your whole belly move and appendages sticking out. Noah used to get hiccups in utero, but I didn't figure it out for awhile-he had them a lot at first as a newborn too so it clicked. Enjoy this time.