Monday, January 17, 2011

21 down, 19 to go.

How far along? 21 weeks.
Total weight gain/loss: Up 15 pounds. That's four pounds since last week, eek. Still easily within the recommended gain, but I'm hoping at least a couple of those four pounds are just water or something...
Maternity clothes? Yep, comfiest stuff ever.
Stretch marks? None yet.
Sleep: Getting tricky. I can't sleep comfortably on my back anymore, and I haven't been able to sleep on my stomach for ages, so all that's left is side-sleeping which I wake up from all the time.
Best moment this week: Getting our bedroom painted. Not baby-related, but still awesome.
Movement: Yep, feeling regular movement. It's still mostly weird swishing movements (like holding a goldfish in your hand, except it's in your gut instead), but there are occasional kicks that I can feel from outside. He moved my netbook the other day. Unfortunately, every time I make Noah come feel, James goes into super secret ninja mode, so Noah hasn't been able to feel him yet.
Food cravings: Brussels sprouts and cucumbers.
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: No real ones, but I had my first Braxton-Hicks contraction a couple days ago. Really, really weird.
Belly Button in or out? In, but getting slightly shallower. Oh crap. Stay in, damn you!
What I miss: Sleeping on my back.
What I am looking forward to: 24 weeks - viability!
Weekly Wisdom: Maybe I should strap Noah's hand to my stomach all hours of the day so that he's bound to feel it. The child is damned uncooperative.
Milestones: First B-H contraction, lots of movement, more than halfway there.

1 comment:

Oma said...

Pillow between knees and under the belly? That extra support felt good. I love your healthy food cravings.