Monday, February 14, 2011

Lizards and burns and 25 weeks.

Yesterday was relatively fun. It was a nice day out (sunny and 60s, and supposed to stay that way all week!), so we went to check out a nearby park. It was extremely fun - we walked around a pond that had some ducks and geese, and found a cool lizard. Brown-phase green anole, I think. Last time I lived in a place that had lizards was probably when I was like seven years old in missionary camp in Missouri. All I really remember was that we would catch skinks and Emmy would accidentally squash them because she was so excited to hold them.


Sample anole. This is not the one we found.

After the park we came home and were lazy. I made some boiled eggs for Noah's lunch box this week (gross, but he likes them), and the excellent idea of making myself some popcorn afterwards. This required emptying the boiling water from the pot immediately, instead of letting it cool like I normally do. Long story short, I wound up dumping half the pot down my front and screaming like a banshee. Noah came charging in somewhere between the "WHAAAAAARRARRRRHHH!!!" and the burst of profanity to rescue me. It all turned out okay, though. Due to quick intervention (hot clothes off, ice pack on) I don't even have a blister this morning - just a kind of hurt-y red mark.

Weekly stats:
How far along? 25 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: Up one pound from last week, so 19 total. That seems reasonable.
Maternity clothes? Yep. Need more. Sick of wearing the same six shirts in rotation.
Stretch marks? None yet.
Sleep: Not bad. Getting up at 5am for Noah's PT has sent me back to naps three days a week, though.
Best moment this week: Ultrasound, of course. I love ultrasounds. Have another one on the 24th, too, to check on Jim's big head and my big fibroid.
Movement: Lots. Constantly. Fun except for when I'm trying to sleep.
Food cravings: Plums, but we're out of them. :(
Gender: Definitely a boy. Double-checked.
Labor Signs: None. Even had a decrease in the B-H contractions I'd been having.
Belly Button in or out? In, but increasingly tight.
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach.
What I am looking forward to: Third trimester in about a week and a half!
Weekly Wisdom: Get your menfolk to dump large pots of boiling water for you, people.
Milestones: I've had quite a few comments from strangers, so I think I look pretty definitely pregnant now. No more "baby or bacon?" confusion.

No comments: