Friday, February 10, 2012

All and sundry.

  • Bruce seems to have resigned himself to the existence of a new cat in his home. There have been very few squabbles and no blood at all in the last 24 hours, so I'm hoping this means a truce is in existence.

    Bruce the Cat Esq. versus the Right Hon. Deloofah Jones.
  • I now have to pin Jim to the ground with my leg in order to change his diaper. Otherwise he just crawls away, leaving nothing but a trail of sorrow and bodily fluids.
  • Thrifting! For $50, we got a dozen books, twenty pieces of clothing for Jim, three skirts for me, a pair of pants for Noah, a very nice purse, and this:

    I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but I'm not sure I could have forgiven myself for ignoring the opportunity to have my very own dried frog on a string.
  • Morning runs are really surreal when you do them on base while the Army is doing PT. Pros: Cadence is entertaining (I swear I heard one squad/platoon/what-the-hell-ever yelling 'one (ONE!) two (TWO!) three (THREE!) black pride (BLACK PRIDE!)' this morning), and it's fun to watch them do calisthenics. Cons: It sucks getting trampled by thirty guys blindly following their backwards-running leader, sometimes you get yelled at by a well-meaning but extremely scary sergeant.
  • Jim has decided that he will now get up at five every.single.morning. This is very hard to take ("No. No no no. Nononononono. Still sleeeeeeeeping. Urgh."), but he's so freaking chipper that I wake up pretty fast.

    This is a lot less cute at 5:00 am.

1 comment:

Emmy said...

I know what you can use the frog for. Hang it over Jim's crib, and when he wants to wake up at 5 AM he will inst--ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD.